Eight test pits were excavated in Great Shelford in 2007 by university students adding to the 15 excavated in 2006. The earliest ceramic finds recovered were dated to 850-1100AD, from test pits GTS/07/3, GTS/07/5 and GTS/07/6. Considered together with the evidence from 2006, the focus of activity in the late Anglo-Saxon period appears to be in two areas, one immediately south of the church and the other 200m to its north-east. The distribution of ceramic material in 2007 adds support to the possibility previously advanced that these may be two separate foci of activity. Notably, the northernmost one of these is an area identified in the Village Design as lying within a large green. Activity in the 11th-14th centuries appears to have expanded out from these areas. There was notably less ceramic material of post-1400 date recovered, possibly indicative of some contraction of settlement in the later medieval period.